Published on 27 Mar 08
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- brief introduction to climate change, Kyoto, and emissions trading
- how might an emissions trading system be taxed?
- what about money I am spending on CO2 reduction now - do I get a deduction?
- geosequestration expenditure - TR 2008/D2
- deductions for planting trees - Tax Law Amendment (2008 Measures No.1) Bill.
Craig is a Special Counsel in the Tax Division at MinterEllison. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a Masters of Tax, and is completing a PhD in physics in his spare time. Craig has specialised in corporate taxation since 2000, and also assists clients with the resolution of disputes with the ATO and the Office of State Revenue. Craig is the Chair of The Tax Institute’s Queensland Technical Resources Committee, and is recognised in both Best Lawyers and Doyle’s Guide.
- Current at
21 February 2018