Published on 27 Mar 08
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- brief introduction to climate change, Kyoto, and emissions trading
- how might an emissions trading system be taxed?
- what about money I am spending on CO2 reduction now - do I get a deduction?
- geosequestration expenditure - TR 2008/D2
- deductions for planting trees - Tax Law Amendment (2008 Measures No.1) Bill.
Craig Bowie, Minter Ellison - Craig is a Special Counsel in the Tax Division at Minter Ellison. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a Masters of Tax, and he has recently commenced a PhD in physics in his spare time. Craig has specialised in corporate taxation since 2000, including advising clients on the tax consequences of acquisitions and disposals of businesses. Craig also assists clients with the resolution of disputes with the ATO.
- Current at
13 April 2017