Published on 18 Sep 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the distinction between the sale of land on capital account and the sale of land on revenue account discussing:
- the Full Federal Court decision in August & Anor v FC of T  ATC 20-406
- The High Court decision in FCT v Myer Emporium Ltd (1987) 163 CLR 199
- the treatment of land as trading stock and the application of CGT event K4
- some lesser known concessions which can extend the CGT main residence exemption.