Published on 23 Aug 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- how do I structure the investment?
- will I make a capital gain or a revenue gain?
- what happens if I develop what was formerly my main residence?
- how should I go into a joint venture with a builder?
- what costs will be deductible?
Scott McGill, CTA, is a Partner at Pitcher Partners Sydney where he focuses on taxation, business, structuring and succession issues for a wide range of clients. Scott also heads the property industry speciality in the Sydney practice working with small and large developers, retirement villages/aged care and investors. Scott has extensive experience in income tax, GST and state taxes from both his time in public practice as well as the ATO, and has a reputation for achieving commercial outcomes on complex issues.
- Current at
27 February 2017