Published on 15 Apr 11
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- setting the scene, revisiting the issues with service entities
- service entities: Are they still viable?
- what sort of structuring is permissible for lawyers and accountants?
- recent ATO announcements on things it is focussing on
- what is the scope of Part IVA applying to incorporations?
Chris Davis, CTA, a Principal of McInnes Wilson Lawyers' Revenue, Structuring and Succession Group, has been involved in advising clients on Div 7A and associated matters in a variety of contexts, with a particular focus on the SME market. This has included advisory work, assisting tax agents on pre-audit investigations and preparing and lodging objections against Div 7A reassessments.
- Current at
30 August 2017