Published on 10 Oct 13
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
What issues do you need to watch out for when you’ve taken on a new client who has relocated to Australia? How do you treat their offshore investments? Can you improve the tax treatment of their accumulated wealth? This practical case study highlights issues such as:
- ‘onshoring’ accumulated wealth
- loans from offshore (yes, Div 7A can apply)
- accruals (CFC) taxation of foreign entities’ income
- dealing with offshore retirement savings
- maintaining ownership of a foreign business.
This presentation also provides participants with valuable tips and traps so they can understand when Australian tax issues are likely to arise for their clients.