Published on 16 Feb 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- the debt/equity borderline
- Australian legislative framework relevant to hybrid issues
- cross border equity/debt hybrids
- resettable preference shares
- subordinated debt
- s128F developments
- hybrid instruments and anti-avoidance.
Vik is a Partner in the International Tax Practice at Ernst & Young, Melbourne. He specialises in corporate and international tax issues with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Vik has specific responsibility for providing international and corporate tax advice to a number of leading financial intermediaries, banks and securities traders, on cross border transactions and on funding issues. He has been closely involved in a number of public equity raising and hybrid instrument issues.
- Current at
30 August 2017