Published on 26 May 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
With all the hype around instalment warrants at the moment it is important that as advisers we stop and consider whether or not they will assist our clients in achieving their own particular goals. This presentation takes a practical view of instalment warrants including case studies to highlight common issues that arise when implementing these strategies. Topics include:
- DIY applications; case studies
- documentation issues
- security supporting limited recourse loans
- commercial terms of lending
- deductibility of interest
- conclusions - is there a value add?
- latest ATO developments.