Published on 07 Apr 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers topics including:
- what an instalment warrant is and why the SIS Act was amended
- a review of the different instalment warrant structures
- relationship with other SIS limitations
- freedoms and uncertainties in the legislation
- bespoke structuring
- CGT / Stamp Duty / GST
- warrants and asset protection.
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
22 May 2017