Published on 07 Apr 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers topics including:
- what an instalment warrant is and why the SIS Act was amended
- a review of the different instalment warrant structures
- relationship with other SIS limitations
- freedoms and uncertainties in the legislation
- bespoke structuring
- CGT / Stamp Duty / GST
- warrants and asset protection.
Ken is a tax and commercial law partner in the Sydney office of SBN Lawyers. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including State taxes) as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is a National Councillor of the Tax Institute and a member of the NSW Divisional Council and Education Committee. He is also a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and has recently been involved as a member of the Working Group on Managed Investment Trusts.
Current at 13 January 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.
Further details about this event: