Published on 07 Apr 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers topics including:
- what an instalment warrant is and why the SIS Act was amended
- a review of the different instalment warrant structures
- relationship with other SIS limitations
- freedoms and uncertainties in the legislation
- bespoke structuring
- CGT / Stamp Duty / GST
- warrants and asset protection.
Ken is a Solicitor - Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers specialising in taxation matters (including State Taxes, stamp duty, payroll tax and land tax) and with extensive experience in business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is very experienced in tax dispute matters, negotiations for settlements, mediations and conciliations and litigation. He regularly appears before the AAT and NCAT and instructs counsel in matters before the Courts. Ken chaired the Noosa Tax Intensive from 2005 to 2007 and was on the Organising Committee for a longer period. He was National President of the Institute in 2012.
- Current at
04 January 2018