Published on 10 Oct 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- intangibles identification and categorisation
- intangibles and “goodwill”, including distinguishing “goodwill” from more specific forms of Intellectual Property
- major taxation attributes of Intangibles, including:
- income tax
- CGT and small business concessions
- capital allowances
- R & D
- key tax issues associated with managing Intangible taxation treatments including:
- buying and selling
- licensing intangibles
- internally created intangibles.
John is a Partner of Finlaysons. He practises in intellectual property, technology and trade practices law. He has over 20 years’ experience acting for and advising clients over a wide range of industries including media, IT and communications, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, advertising and manufacturing.
Current at 12 September 2006
Sean Van Der Linden CTA
Sean Van Der Linden is a Tax Partner with Ernst & Young specialising in corporate and international tax advice with significant expertise in M&A, financial transactions, tax consolidation, resources taxation and infrastructure transactions. Current at 16 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sean VAN DER LINDEN.
Further details about this event: