Published on 08 Feb 13
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation outlines the approach taken by the Family Court to determine matters between couples who have separated and how this impacts on a succession lawyer’s ability to offer advice. This includes:
- family trust distributions and beneficiary entitlements
- beneficiary loan accounts
- competing priorities of spouses and other beneficiaries in the Family Court after death
- the High Court case of Bamford delivered 16 November 2012
- the impact of binding financial agreements on family provision claims.
Current at 04 January 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by William SLOAN.