Published on 11 Feb 10
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- are we talking about Islamic finance?
- are the key religious beliefs underpinning Islamic finance?
- are the common Islamic financing structures?
- have other jurisdictions responded?
- might Murabaha and Sukuk al-Ijara be taxed in Australia?
- might we move along the path to tax neutrality?
Richard is a partner at EY and specialises in the tax aspects of major transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure and property projects. He regularly provides advice through the life cycle of the transaction, including funding, structuring, due diligence, documentation negotiation and post-acquisition integration. Richard's role in infrastructure transactions can vary from advising bidding consortiums, representing lending syndicates, advising vendors and representing equity in a consortium.
- Current at
19 September 2016