Published on 11 Feb 10
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- are we talking about Islamic finance?
- are the key religious beliefs underpinning Islamic finance?
- are the common Islamic financing structures?
- have other jurisdictions responded?
- might Murabaha and Sukuk al-Ijara be taxed in Australia?
- might we move along the path to tax neutrality?
Richard is a partner at
EY and specialises in the tax aspects of
major transactions, including mergers and
acquisitions, infrastructure and property
projects. He regularly provides advice
through the life cycle of the transaction,
including funding, structuring, due
diligence, documentation negotiation and
post-acquisition integration. Richard’s
role in infrastructure transactions can
vary from advising bidding consortiums,
representing lending syndicates, advising
vendors and representing equity in a
- Current at
29 May 2019