Published on 29 Jul 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- inter-jurisdictional differences in land rich/unit trust rules: the three models
- should we differentiate: companies and trusts/public and wholesale trusts/requirements for trusts to be registered?
- application of land rich rules to managed funds
- land rich issues when class rights of unit holders are changed: Lam v Kym (Vic 2004)
- future reform: should we bother pursuing a uniform model?
- do we need a separate regime for managed funds and qualified investors, particularly given the introduction of NSW vendor duty?