Published on 07 Feb 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation explores the background to the new legislation, the key changes, and the compliance obligations on trustees. Discussion focusses on:
- the new trust regime including background and policy
- identification of affected trusts
- explanation of concessions for different trusts
- a worked example drawing on the concessions and illustrating the importance of aggregation
- new compliance obligations for trustees.
Michael Taylor-Sands FTI
Michael is a Partner with Maddocks. He joined the Revenue Group of Maddocks in 2005 having previously been a Senior Associate at Baker & McKenzie. Michael has considerable experience in consulting on income tax and state tax issues to a wide range of corporate and non-corporate clients. He has advised large multi-national and Australian corporate groups in the manufacturing, property development/investment and gaming/casino industries. Current at 15 April 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael TAYLOR-SANDS.
Further details about this event: