Published on 10 Sep 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- possible inconsistencies with other rewrite jurisdictions
- case update - duties cases in other jurisdictions
- recent land tax case and potential implications for Queensland
- payroll tax update
- traps when dealing with interstate businesses
- QLD and NSW acquisition of business - case study.
Howard has practised in revenue law at the Queensland bar for over 15 years. He has also lectured part-time in Tax Administration, Taxation of Financial Transactions and GST in the Master of Laws / Taxation programme at UQ and delivered seminar and conference papers upon a number of other tax topics. Current at 30 July 2003
The Tax Institute is a Recognised Tax Agent Association (RTAA) under the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
All materials provided on this site are protected by copyright and are owned by or licensed to TTI.
Except as expressly permitted by TTI or the copyright owner, any person or company who uses this site must not use, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, the materials or any information, software or other content, in whole or in part, which is available through this site.