Published on 19 Feb 14
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- pre-TOFA treatment of liabilities
- TOFA treatment of liabilities
- example 1 – Historic rate rollover
- example 2 - Securitisation
- example 3 – Accounting Provision and FRE9
- example 4 – Fair value assets and liabilities
- example 5 – Buying back debt
- example 6 – Waiver/release of debt
- example 7 – FX on equity interests
- TOFA/consolidation Interactions
- liabilities example – the 2012 changes.
Euan is an Assistant Commissioner in the Australian Taxation Office, where he has worked in a variety of revenue law areas for more than 20 years. In relation to financial arrangements, he has worked on litigation matters, public and private rulings, audits, and on advice to Treasury.
- Current at
03 February 2015
Andrew, CTA, is a Director at Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills Pty Limited. Andrew advises on a wide range of corporate and banking-related tax issues with a particular focus on financial and international transactions. Andrew has been extensively involved in the development of the TOFA provisions and represented The Tax Institute before the House of Representatives Economic Committee in relation to recent changes in this area.
- Current at
10 April 2017