Published on 17 Jan 12
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the ATO risk matrix
- lifecycle of a review and audit by the ATO
- managing the ATO relationship – The four pillars
- ATO’s information gathering powers
- taxpayer information gathering power – FOI requests
- alternative dispute resolution
- common problem areas.
Thomas Arnold, CTA, is a Senior Associate in the Tax Controversy team at Maddocks Lawyers. He has more than 13 years’ experience in litigation and for the last 10 years has practiced exclusively in the area of tax disputes. Thomas has advised clients at all stages of the tax dispute lifecycle • from preliminary risk reviews to High Court litigation. As part of the Tax Controversy team at Maddocks, he acts for both taxpayers and the Commissioner.
- Current at
27 September 2017