Published on 08 Aug 12
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation examines some of the issues to be considered by an estate planner when considering the use of life estates and whether this approach still has a role in the modern will. The presentation considers some of the general issues relating to testamentary trusts:
- nature of life interests and reversions
- capital gains tax and life estates
- practical application of taxation ruling TR 2006/14
- advantages of the testamentary trust with life and reversionary interests
- aset protection and testamentary trusts
- the master trust concept role of family agreements in the estate plan.
Emma Munro is a Senior Lawyer at Munro Lawyers.
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Emma Munro.
Kevin Munro CTA
Kevin is a Solicitor and Principal of Munro Lawyers, a specialist legal practice in Sydney. He has 37 years experience in tax and superannuation, forming his own firm in 1994. Kevin’s main areas of practice are tax planning, superannuation and estate planning, and he regularly acts as a consultant for other professional firms. Kevin is active in professional education and gives lectures and workshops for various professional organisations. He is a member of the New South Wales Law Society’s Advisory Committee for Small Business Accreditation. Current at 02 June 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Kevin J MUNRO.
Further details about this event: