Published on 19 May 11
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- "the basics:"
- losses and tax consolidation
- some "more interesting stuff:"
- proposed changes – Exposure draft/budget announcement
- saved from the "same share same person rule"
- how the ATO is applying SBT – A collection of PBRs/ATOIDs
- losses and consolidation – When does it make sense to cancel losses?
- refreshed SBT losses – Just when you thought it was safe to change business
- SBT testing on exit and reformation
- available fraction and what to do with non-share equity
- some other PBRs/ATOIDs on SBT for consolidated groups.