Published on 26 Apr 12
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Hear what the ATO understands about the SME market and how their information is obtained. In this presentation you will be informed about:
- the outcomes of ATO SME analysis of wealthy Australians and private groups
- how areas of risk are identified?
- what are the key areas of concern with private companies and trusts?
- what is the ATO SME compliance enforcement focus for 2012 and beyond?
- promoter arrangements and penalty action.
Michael joined the ATO in 1977. He moved to his current role as Deputy Commissioner Private Groups and High Wealth Individuals in October 2011. His responsibilities include supporting increased willing participation and ensuring voluntary compliance of taxpayers in the privately owned groups and high wealth individuals population, focusing on serious abuses of the tax system (including through the Serious Financial Crime Taskforce) along with addressing aggressive tax planning. Michael is also the client experience owner for privately owned wealthy groups for the ATO. He has represented the ATO on a number of Australian and international forums including chairing the OECD Taskforce on Tax Crimes. Current at 28 June 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael CRANSTON.
Further details about this event: