Published on 13 May 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following issues:
- the changing environment - Sarbanes-Oxley, CLERP 9 and ASX Principles
- factors affecting tax risk management - Commissioner's letter to Board Chairmen, the ATO's Co-operative Compliance Model, the ATO's area of focus and the advisor's role
- how Boards shoule react
- responsibility of Directors
- tax risk - technical risks and operational risks
- the tax risk management process - traditional approach and a new approach for a new environment.
Stef has nearly thirty years years experience in advising corporate clients on taxation matters across all areas of tax. He specialises in tax reporting (both USGAAP and IFRS), and tax function performance. He supports engagement teams on the operational, risk management and reporting consequences of tax. Stef co-ordinates and leads the Melbourne tax practice support for all audit assurance projects including process and control reviews. He provides support to clients on strategic tax risk management and improving tax reporting processes.
- Current at
30 August 2017