Published on 25 Mar 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The implementation of a LRBA by an SMSF is a very complex transaction since there are a minefield of issues and traps which need to be considered. The successful implementation of these arrangements requires the practitioner to be up to date and on top of their game. Getting it wrong can have devastating consequences.
This presentation covers:
- practical issues, common errors and traps with implementation
- the role of the accountant, lawyer, financier and financial planner
- overview of the recently finalised SMSFR 2012/1
- loan and security documents and dealing with the financier
- new stamp duty concessions and dealing with the OSR.
Current at 03 March 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Lisa ODDO.