Published on 27 Aug 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what taxpayers need to do to ensure that they actually have a main residence including how long must they live in it
- provides some tips in maximising the benefit of the "two hectare" boundary
- explores opportunities with the six year absence rule
- explains how combinations of sections can be used to reduce the gain
- revisits key points that need to be worked through when sub-dividing the family home.
Rob is a Principal at Bernie O'Sullivan Lawyers, a boutique legal firm that advises accountants, business owners and individuals in the areas of taxation, superannuation and estate planning. Rob advises accountants and their clients in tax matters. His 30 plus years' experience in tax and related areas includes business tax issues, CGT, tax planning, tax structuring, tax litigation and GST. Rob has been a member of many Treasury and ATO tax consultation committees and has appeared before parliamentary committees on tax reform issues.
- Current at
26 July 2016