Published on 03 Mar 10
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- an explanation on why accountants need to be involved in the administration of an estate
- explains the roles of an executor
- discusses what assets form part of an estate
- discusses what happens if a person dies without a will
- discusses contesting an estate (inheritance claims)
- discusses taxation matters of a deceased estate.
Andrew is a Manager at RSM Bird Cameron. He has a number of years experience in assisting clients in the administration of deceased Estates. Andrew specialises in the areas of assisting Executors with their duties/responsibilities, transferring assets to beneficiaries, realising and protecting estate assets, dealing with contested/disputed estates, providing taxation advice on deceased estates and dealing with intestacy.
- Current at
30 August 2017