Published on 11 Aug 14
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- introduction – times of change and uncertainty
- The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- The Charities Act (C’wealth)
- an update on the foreshadowed “Special Conditions” Bill
- other announced but un-enacted measures
- the new rules for public and private and ancillary funds as from 1 January 2014
- Commissioner of Taxation v Hunger Project Australia.
John Emerson CTA
John Emerson, AM, CTA, heads Herbert Smith Freehills’ charity law practice and is recognised Australia-wide as a specialist in the tax laws applicable to charities. John has been appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia “for services to law and to the community, particularly through the provision of advice to charities and not-for-profit organisations and the development of public administration reform to encourage philanthropy in Australia”. He is the Deputy Chair of the Board of Taxation.
Current at 01 September 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by John EMERSON.
Further details about this event: