Published on 11 Aug 14
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- introduction – times of change and uncertainty
- The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- The Charities Act (C’wealth)
- an update on the foreshadowed “Special Conditions” Bill
- other announced but un-enacted measures
- the new rules for public and private and ancillary funds as from 1 January 2014
- Commissioner of Taxation v Hunger Project Australia.
John Emerson, AM, CTA, heads Herbert Smith Freehills’ charity law practice and is recognised Australia-wide as a specialist in the tax laws applicable to charities. John has been appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia “for services to law and to the community, particularly through the provision of advice to charities and not-for-profit organisations and the development of public administration reform to encourage philanthropy in Australia”. He is the Deputy Chair of the Board of Taxation.
- Current at
01 September 2015