Published on 17 Sep 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation examines Australia’s CFC regime and profit repatriation in more detail, including:
- overview of Australian CFC regime
- common traps including tainted services and tainted sales income
- proposed reforms to the CFC regime
- foreign withholding taxes on profit repatriation – does this result in tax leakage?
- overview of conduit foreign income and impact on resident and non-resident investors.
Muhunthan Kanagaratnam CTA
Muhunthan is a Tax Partner with Deloitte specialising in mergers and acquisitions transactions. Muhunthan helps clients identify and obtain tax value from their targets and manage their tax exposures. He works with clients through the life of a transaction, from due diligence and modelling to structuring, drafting and negotiating the tax aspects of transaction documents. Muhunthan has advised on some unique and high profile transactions. His clients range from large Australian and international corporate clients to international private equity firms. Current at 16 December 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Muhunthan KANAGARATNAM.
Further details about this event: