Published on 02 Apr 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- trusts that hold land in NSW - Characterisation of trusts as ‘special trusts' and ‘fixed trusts' and the land tax implications
- secondary liability of land tax
- restructuring trusts to obtain the land tax-free threshold
- the new restructuring relief available until 30 June 2008 - ‘Act of Grace Payments'
- ‘instalment warrant arrangements' and NSW land tax.
Denis is a Barrister at 13 Wentworth Selborne Chambers. He advises on taxes generally (both federal and state taxes), superannuation, equity and trusts, as well as asset protection. Denis also conducts disputes as an advocate in both state and federal tribunals and courts.
- Current at
01 March 2016