Published on 30 Aug 12
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following in regard to outbound investment:
- How does the participation exemption work in practice?
- Book value or market value method – which is best?
- Why do active businesses sometimes fail the active asset test?
- What if there are foreign hybrids in the structure?
- What happens when a CFC sells a foreign subsidiary?
- How is a sale of assets or sale of a branch treated?
- What foreign taxes do I need to be aware of?
- What is the impact on funding and thin capitalisation?
Current at 11 September 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Claudio Cimetta.