Published on 10 Oct 13
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation looks at:
- how the new Part IVA will apply in practice?
- whether Part IVA can apply to any decision that results in less tax payable (eg a decision to sell shares instead of assets)?
- the ATO’s approach to public and private rulings on the new provisions
- what you need to be doing differently as a result of the amendments including identification of alternate postulates, defence file strategies and board briefings
- a variety of case study examples that compare the old Part IVA conclusions to possible outcomes under the new provisions.
Sue is a partner at EY specialising in tax controversy. Sue has worked in tax for more than 25 years, including roles in major law firms and executive roles within the firms in which she has been a partner. Sue was the President of The Tax Institute in 2008, has been a member of several advisory boards, has participated in many consultative forums and lectures in the University of Melbourne Masters of Law program. Sue was a member of the instructing solicitor team working on the Placer Dome litigation.
- Current at
26 June 2019