Published on 18 Feb 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation discusses the treatment of patents and registered designs under the capital allowance provisions of Division 40 and CGT rules, including:
- the nature of the intellectual property rights
- rights existing prior to the grant of a patent or registered design and the availability of CGT discounts
- cost and cost base of intellectual property
- term of rights and balancing adjustment events such as expiration, surrender or revocation
- taxable purpose test
- grant of licences and disposals.
Sandy is a Partner with Donaldson Walsh Lawyers.
- Current at
11 January 2017