Published on 22 Feb 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers topics including:
- lump sum withdrawals from allocated pension funds
- can complying pensions be paid by small funds?
- should death benefits be paid by way of pension?
- how is the value of a complying pension calculated?
- fixed term pensions
- advantages over lump sums
- tax treatment.
Allan is a Director of McPherson Super Consulting Pty Ltd, a company which specialises in
providing technical advice on superannuation matters to the accounting industry. Allan comes
from a taxation related background having worked at the Australian Taxation Office and the
tax division of a large chartered accounting practice as a Tax Consultant, prior to establishing
his own practice.
Current at 9 October 2008 Current at 15 December 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Allan MCPHERSON.