Published on 06 Aug 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation looks at superannuation contributions in a more positive light and looks at ways and means of maximising contribution capabilities. Appropriate case studies are included to illustrate the benefits of these strategies. Topics covered include:
- Contribution capabilities with constitutionally protected funds
- Contributions using the small business concessions and contributions from personal injury settlement
- Using contribution reserves to gain benefits without excess contributions tax; ATOID 2012/16
- How to deliberately exceed the concessional contributions cap to the benefit of your client
- Increase value in the fund by using acceptable gearing strategies.
Anthony Simmons CTA
Tony leads the Private Wealth team for BDO in South Australia supporting clients to protect and grow their wealth. Tony has substantial experience in providing financial advice to high net worth individuals and small-medium sized business owners. He advises on financial planning matters, ranging from personal risk insurance advice to next generation succession. He is a member of the firm's professional practice and hospitality sector teams, and works closely with the Superannuation team in supporting advice around self-managed superannuation funds. Current at 05 April 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony SIMMONS.
Further details about this event: