Published on 02 Sep 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This powerpoint presenation focuses on some of the key practical issues emerging from the new FOREX regime including:
- Timing and status of elections to be made;
- Interaction of the FOREX rules with Tax Consolidation;
- Practical issues with the functional currency rules;
- Difficulties with the practical operation of the rules;
- Application to Bank and financial companies
Vik is a Senior Partner and the leader of the International Tax Practice at Deloitte, Melbourne. Vik has 20 years
experience in the profession and was a partner for over eight years at another Big Four accounting firm. Vik has extensive
experience in advising multinational corporations on cross border transactions, acquisitions and restructures, on tax due
diligence assignments and on financing issues. Vik also has substantial practical experience in advising on the taxation aspects
of private equity investment, MBOs/LBOs, M&A and on cross border and domestic investment generally. As an international
tax/M&A tax specialist, Vik has advised on a large number of significant M&A transactions in the past six years.
Current at 9 February 2009 Current at 14 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Vik KHANNA.