Published on 12 Feb 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview – why restructure prior to sale?
- step 1: Know the key taxing points: share sale
- step 2: Know your options
- step 3: For share sales, clean up the company
- step 3A: Extract cash
- step 3B: Clean up financing
- step 3C: Mop up minority shareholders
- step 4: Structure with concessions in mind
- step 4A: Move assets into a company for sale
- step 4B: Extract a company from a group
- step 4C: Interpose a new Hold Co above Sale Co
- step 5: Assess value from the purchaser’s perspective.
Sarah is a Director in Corporate taxes at PwC. Sarah advises Australian and international businesses on structuring and implementing sale transactions, and has experience in acting for both vendors and purchasers. Sarah also has extensive experience in leading tax due diligence processes. She is also a qualified legal practitioner. Current at 01 January 2014
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sarah HICKEY.
Cameron works for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Current at 01 January 2014
Sean works for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Current at 1 January 2014
Further details about this event: