Published on 11 Mar 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation deals with the impact of the Financial Services Reform on SMSFs. This subject is particularly topical as Financial Services Reform commences on 11 March 2004.
It identifies issues that practitioners and their clients need to be aware of, including:
- does a SMSF need a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)? - the new FSR exemption for Recognised Accountants advising on SMSFs (announced 11/2/2004)
- what are the content requirements of any PDS?
- what reporting obligations are now imposed on SMSF trustees?
- is a PDS required when commencing a pension that is paid from a SMSF?
- is a PDS required when a change of name of fund or a change of trustee occurs?
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by John SUDANO.
Further details about this event: