Published on 15 Oct 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- a short history to the project pool rules?
- expenditure that qualifies for deduction
- identifying a 'project' ?
- implications that flow from identifying a project
- factors relevant in assessing if a taxpayer has one or multiple projects
- the importance of appropriately identifying projects
- when, if at all, does a taxpayer reassess the effective life of a project
- the effect of asset sales and the sale of subsidiaries.
James is a Partner with KPMG, and has been advising on corporate tax for 20 years. James is the leader of KPMG’s Tax Advisory Services business and is the Chair of KPMG’s Energy and Natural Resources group in Victoria. In addition he is a Senior Fellow of the University of Melbourne, lecturing in Mineral and Petroleum Tax.
- Current at
18 August 2017