Published on 24 Jul 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
More SMSFs are looking to acquire and then develop real estate. This presentation covers:
- when will real estate development constitute a business and can SMSFs run businesses?
- when can vacant land be acquired from related parties?
- joint ventures: everything you'll ever need to know (incl how they differ from partnerships)
- critical GST traps and issues that most advisers aren't aware of
- when is residential property business real property?
- how many SMSFs accidentally lose their CGT discount
- how to integrate with the new borrowing provisions.
Bryce is a Director at leading SMSF law firm DBA Lawyers. He practices predominantly in taxation and superannuation law, particularly the law of SMSFs. He is regularly quoted and published in the Australian Financial Review, the Herald Sun, CCH and LexisNexis publications, and elsewhere in the financial press. He presents extensively to accountants, financial planners and lawyers Australia-wide. Bryce has worked with DBA Lawyers since 2003. He holds both a bachelor degree and a masters degree in law and is an accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor.
- Current at
10 December 2015