Published on 22 Jul 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Matters covered in this presentation include:
- interaction between going concern and margin scheme - additional GST costs in developments
- long term contracts - end of transitional status
- GST and partnerships and joint ventures
- GST free going concerns - when is a development eligible?
- recent cases and ATO decisions.
Damian has specialised exclusively in indirect tax
consulting for more than 12 years. Prior to setting up the boutique indirect tax practice, Damian Welshe & Associates in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of the Taxation Institute's National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. He is a regular presenter on GST issues for professional and industry bodies.
Current at 14 June 2006 Current at 09 August 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Damian WELSHE.