Published on 15 Aug 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Well run businesses develop to a point, and beyond that point outgrow their structure. Prior to undertaking a capital injection, or admission of new participants, it’s often desirable to undertake some preparatory restructure work. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail…
This presentation covers:
- Byrne Hotels – ensuring you meet the $6m MNAV test, and don’t overstep the mark
- market value of assets, and recent cases
- separating value assets from operating assets
- licencing of the assets of the business
- incorporation of partnerships – is it always a good idea?
- dividend access shares – is TD 2013/D5 the death knell?
Current at 15 August 2013