Published on 15 Aug 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Well run businesses develop to a point, and beyond that point outgrow their structure. Prior to undertaking a capital injection, or admission of new participants, it’s often desirable to undertake some preparatory restructure work. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail…
This presentation covers:
- Byrne Hotels – ensuring you meet the $6m MNAV test, and don’t overstep the mark
- market value of assets, and recent cases
- separating value assets from operating assets
- licencing of the assets of the business
- incorporation of partnerships – is it always a good idea?
- dividend access shares – is TD 2013/D5 the death knell?
Craig Barry William Buck Queensland - Since joining William Buck in 2008, Craig has been responsible for the taxation affairs of some of the firm’s largest clients, including public listed companies and large private groups. He has carried out special assignments over the years, including providing transactional advice, investigation work and reports on instructions of solicitors, particularly in relation to deceased estate litigation, trust and superannuation taxation matters. He has also been involved in tax adversarial matters involving the Australian Tax Office and the Office of State Revenue (Qld).
- Current at
12 April 2017