Published on 14 Jun 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following:
- GST classification of retirement village and nursing home supplies to residents
- entitlement to input tax credits during construction of retirement villages and nursing homes
- adjustment of input tax credit claims on change of use or on sale
- watch-out - acquisition of retirement village or nursing home as a GST-free supply of a going concern - Division 135 increasing adjustment
- watch-outs - retirement village and nursing home structures leading to inequitable GST results.
This was also presented by Heath Shonhan at the 'Retirement Villages: Understanding the tax implications' seminar held in Brisbane on 25 October 2006.
Ken is a GST Director within the Tax Consulting practice of Pitcher Partners Melbourne. Ken has had extensive experience in advising various participants in the retirement villages industry on GST issues and has had extensive dealings with the Australian Taxation Office on its approach to the underlying GST issues. Current at 16 May 2006
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken CLAUGHTON.
Further details about this event: