Published on 07 Sep 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- statutory obligations under retirement villages acts
- drafting resident agreements
- loan / licence versus lease premium
- recurring charges - deferred management fees
- trust funds - sinking funds and capital replacement funds
- legal issues for sale and purchase
- assignment of resident liabilities on sale
- practical legal issues for transitional rules
- stamp duty - sale and purchase.
Trevor Edmond is a partner at Wallmans Lawyers, practising in the Commercial and Business Section. Trevor has, for more than 20 years been involved in corporate and commercial matters, advising in most areas of corporate and commercial law, including commercial real estate transactions. Trevor has considerable experience in taxation, trusts, succession and estate planning as well as a significant practice in the retirement village industry.
Trevor has also advised in relation to all aspects of business acquisitions, disposals and restructures including leasing issues.
Current at 28 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Trevor EDMOND.
Further details about this event: