Published on 16 Feb 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- prevailing standards: distilling the income tax law’s normative approach to “naughty”
- specific traits: reviewing the specific income tax traits of a naughty tax distribution
- contributing factors: identifying the commercial factors that contribute to “nice” distributions becoming naughty
- remedial aspects: reviewing where self-correction is open, and the tax punishments that otherwise await
- changing standards: reflecting on whether prevailing standards are changing.
Hayden is a Director of Greenwoods & Freehills Pty Limited. He advises listed entities in the energy & resources
and financial services industries on income tax issues raised in M&A, funding, special project and general corporate
tax matters. His areas of interest and expertise include the taxation of financial arrangements (all four tranches) and tax
consolidation. Hayden is a member of the NTLG Finance & Investment Subcommittee and it’s TOFA Working Party. He
also chairs the Taxation Institute’s Education Committee (Victoria). Hayden frequently presents and is regularly published on
corporate income tax matters.
Current at 9 February 2009 Current at 14 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Hayden SCOTT.