Published on 11 Feb 10
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- sovereign investment - background
- sovereign investment and the GFC
- Australian tax issues:
- GAPS scheme and non resident insurer provisions
- transfer pricing
- sovereign immunity:
- current practice
- government consultation process
- other concessions available to sovereign investors.
Steven Economides, CTA, is the Lead Partner of KPMG’s Deals Advisory Tax Group and has been a Partner at KPMG since 1987. Steven has advised on a series of privatisations, including TransGrid, AusGrid, Loy Yang and the Sydney Harbour Tunnel, and more recent privatisations, including Port Botany and the Port of Newcastle. Steven also has had extensive experience in public–private partnership(PPP) transactions, from the early PPPs of Mount Gambier and Port Augusta to the most recent transactions.
- Current at
05 May 2018