Published on 01 Mar 07
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Dealings in real property invariably result in legal documentation being brought into existence between the parties. This documentation extends far beyond formal LTO transfers but nevertheless is likely to raise stamp duty issues. Awareness of the stamp duty rules in advance is a must for advisors in the planning of these transactions and associated documentation. Every day transactions can have undesired and unexpected stamp duty ramifications. This presentation provides information about the concessions which are available and what planning should be undertaken before a transaction proceeds. Topics covered include:
- transactions relating to real property which typically give rise to dutiable instruments
- concessions for transactions between spouses and for primary production land
- real property transfers in connection with a business/business assets
- declarations of trust and nominee contracts
- “off the plan” acquisitions
- issues with real property partitions and aggregation of connected transactions.
Fabrizio Porcaro CTA
Fabrizio is the founder of Porcaro Lawyers. Fabrizio
is a past chair of the SA Technical Committee and a current
member of the NTLG Small Medium Enterprise Technical Subgroup.
Fabrizio’s principal areas of practice are business structuring,
taxation advice, superannuation advice, stamp duty advice, trusts
and general business and commercial transaction advice with an
emphasis on small and medium enterprises and private clients. Current at 07 November 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Fabrizio PORCARO.
Further details about this event: