Published on 10 Oct 13
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The recent introduction of landholder duty regimes in many of the Australian states and territories, including Victoria, has widened the revenue base and increased the range of circumstances in which duty liabilities can arise for entities.This presentation outlines some of the biggest issues to emerge from the new regime so you will know what to look out for.
Topics covered include:
- anti-avoidance or blatant revenue raising?
- public company takeovers and listed landholder duty
- IPOs and listings duty on conversion from private to public
- the nature of land holdings and how the base has been broadened
- development agreements imposing duty by economic entitlement
- duty on leases and the lack of certainty law versus practice and tenants’ fixtures.
Geoffrey Mann CTA
Geoff Mann, CTA, is a Partner in the Tax team at Ashurst. He advises on indirect tax, with particular emphasis on GST, stamp duty, land tax and human resources taxes. Geoff has over 25 years’ experience. Geoff’s broad practice enables him to consult in relation to overall tax management strategies and review programs, as well as due diligence exercises and dispute resolution. Current at 21 October 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Geoff MANN.
Further details about this event: