Published on 04 Jul 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the nature of stamp duty
- when is stamp duty payable in SA?
- when do you need to consider duty in other states or territories?
- special areas of stamp duty
- discretionary trusts including variations and distributions
- unit trusts including redemptions and distributions
- land rich provisions
- valuation issues
- "inconsistencies" between the states
- current issues including:
- corporate restructuring
- current audit areas
- anti-avoidance provisions
- obligations and penalties
- brief practical guide to lodging documents for stamping
- budget changes.
William is a Partner at Donaldson Walsh. He was admitted as a
lawyer in 1978 and is a commercial partner of Donaldson Walsh practising
extensively in the area of general commercial law, with particular emphasis on
property transaction and involving taxation (including State taxation) issues.
- Current at
02 August 2011