Published on 24 Jul 03
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers the following issues:
- the legal nature of partnerships and joint ventures
- partnerships - stamp duty implications of:
-- formation, dissolution and change in composition
-- transfers of and dealings with partnership property
-- dealing with partnership interests
- stamp duty arising under joint ventures
- joint ventures and the mining industry, including farm-in arrangements
- differences in treatment across the jurisdictions.
Adrian is one of Australia's leading stamp duty advisers. He is also an expert in GST and income tax. Adrian has advised on stamp duty, GST and tax issues on a variety of issues and matters for corporates, property trusts and financial institutions including issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, property trust floats, the establishment of wholesale property trusts, infrastructure acquisitions, landholder stamp duty, finance transactions, resettlement, employee remuneration, and various state taxes including land tax.
- Current at
12 January 2017