Published on 17 Sep 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Failing to plan is planning to fail. This presentation looks at common issues encountered by family businesses including succession planning and tax risk management, and provide practical strategies which can be adopted for your clients.
This presentation covers:
- planned and unplanned exits from business – succession, sale and death
- interaction of succession planning with estate planning
- tools to achieve your client’s goals:
- buy/sell agreements and funding considerations
- shareholder and Unitholder Agreements
- will clauses
- corporate and trust governance issues
- tax risk management:
- ATO hotspots
- practical strategies to improve client’s position should audit occur
- strategies to defend ATO audits.
Kale Rigano heads Norman Waterhouse's Taxation and Wealth Management Team advising clients from a broad range of tax profiles in relation to state, federal and international tax matters, and assists clients in business structuring, superannuation and estate and succession planning.
- Current at
04 September 2013