Published on 31 Jul 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this seminar presentation include:
- The role of the accountant/adviser in succession planning
- When to use/recommend a testamentary trust
- The advantages and disadvantages of testamentary trusts
- Can you still use a testamentary trust if the will does not provide for it?
- What are the tax considerations - family trust elections, franking credits entitilements
- Problems with life estates - "crystal ball gazing" and tax issues
- Control of discretionary trusts "from the grave"
- Avoiding challenges after death
- Balancing benefits and risks