Published on 21 Aug 12
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Changing jobs or retiring can be a trigger for major changes in a client's financial circumstances. Make sure you understand all the risks and opportunities for your clients.
Topics covered include:
- alternate strategies for dealing with termination payments
- differing issues for redundancy, resignation or retirement?
- keep cash, pay down debt or top up super?
- traps on shifting superannuation funds
- restructuring funds and investments to move to income phase.
Chris is a financial adviser with over 20 years practical experience in designing and implementing superannuation strategies and succession planning for SME owners. He also focuses on retirement planning for senior employees in listed companies, government and the universities, and he regularly advises both Australians and expats on managing and transitioning their wealth.
- Current at
25 September 2017