Published on 22 Nov 13
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
With the recent announcements and rulings within the superannuation environment, together with the recent federal election, this presentation gives updates on the following topics and includes strategies/practice tips:
- changes to excess contributions tax regime
- concessional contribution cap changes
- new taxation regime for high income earners
- new rules for funds paying pensions
- commencement and cessation of paying pensions
- segregation of assets within funds.
Alanah Boylon, CTA, Edwards Marshall
Alanah Boylon commenced with Edwards Marshall in 2013 as Senior Manager, Superannuation Services. Alanah has over sixteen years' experience in the provision of taxation and accounting services in SMSF, and SMEs and Professionals specialising in SMSFs and their tax implications including preparation of financial statements, annual reporting requirements and income tax returns for SMSFs; superannuation Legislation; tax and Capital Gains Tax on investments; retirement planning; and pension stream arrangements.
- Current at
30 August 2017